Oral Surgery Services
While it’s true that many people find it uncomfortable or even fearful to go to the dentist, most also realize the importance of visiting their dentist regularly for cleanings and checkups. At the office of Dr. Sanchez, quality, pain free dental care is done daily for patients with great fear and anxiety. As a dentist that provides safe intravenous sedation and anesthesia since 2004 , he is able to treat the most difficult cases with care and accuracy. Dr Sanchez has a permit from the state of California to provide intravenous sedation and anesthesia safely to his patients.
Here are some noted fears of patients that can benefit from this form of sedation and anesthesia:
· Fear of needles
· Fear of drills
· Acute gag reflex
· Difficulty in going numb
Besides the above, patients without fears can also benefit :
· Very busy executive type that can’t go to the dentist for many appointments (treatment can be done in one to two visits)
· Patients with extensive dental needs should also get their work done under sedation and anesthesia
· Patients needing extensive surgical procedures such as full mouth extractions, dental implants, sinus lift and augmentation, bone graft procedures and other procedures mentioned elsewhere on this website
With the patient asleep, extensive procedures can be undertaken in a single appointment and, without distractions from an anxious or uncomfortable patient sitting in the chair, the process is more efficient and quality of care is better controlled.
Oral Surgery Procedures
Oral surgical procedures may include tooth extraction, impacted tooth removal, dental implants or dealing with TMJ (Tempromandibular Joint pain).
Tooth extractions, perhaps the most recognized form of oral surgery, may be required for various reasons. These include:
· Partially erupted or impacted wisdom teeth
· Teeth that have deteriorated past repair, such as with serious decay, a fractured root or trauma to the tooth
· Baby (primary) teeth that have not come out and are preventing permanent teeth from coming in
· Teeth that must be removed in following a specific orthodontic treatment plan
Dental Implants have become a widely used method for replacing missing teeth or to provide stability to a denture. The most cutting-edge technology for implants, for which Dr. Sanchez has received extensive training. They offer the best in stability, durability and functionality.
Oral Surgery Services
Oral surgery services may be required to alleviate a variety of conditions affecting an individual and the health of his or her mouth/teeth, including:
· Minor or major trauma
· Tooth related infections
· Oral lesion removal and biopsy
· Removal of teeth, including wisdom teeth
Sleep apnea, a common condition found among people, is caused by a closing of the airway during sleep, resulting in shallow or halted breathing. With insufficient air reaching the lungs, the condition usually produces loud snoring and an inability to get an uninterrupted, restful night’s sleep. Conventional treatment often includes the use of a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine, which many sufferers find difficult to tolerate. As an alternative, Dr. Sanchez can provide a dental oral appliance that has enjoyed a high success rate in alleviating the symptoms.